Building Your Competence Portfolio for an Academic Career
When: Thu, 04.05.2023 2:00 PM until 5:30 PM
Where: Hamburg Research Academy, Gorch-Fock-Wall 7, 20354 Hamburg
The profiles of PhD candidates, postdocs, group leaders or professors require changing skill sets. Researchers are often focussing on skills directly connected to research itself. However, in order to successfully navigate an academic career track, additional skills particularly in strategy, management, and communication become more crucial along the way. The workshop will cover the following topics and you get the chance to discuss your questions.
- Academic career tracks in Germany
- Relevant skill sets in academia at different career stages
- Strategy vs. lucky coincidences: How to prepare for the uncertain
- Identifying your personal skill portfolio
- Developing your narrative/profile as a researcher
- Communicating your skills & „fit“
The workshop is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy, participation is free of charge. Please register here.
Target group: doctoral and early career researchers